We encourage our pupils to eat a balanced diet as this will maximise the capacity of the brain's ability to absorb new information and will help the body to feel energetic and ready to learn. If you choose to send your child to school with a packed lunch, we would suggest including a sandwich/pasta, two pieces of fruit and a yoghurt. Water is always available for all pupils on the tables during lunchtime.
The school menu
Hot, delicious and nutritious meals are cooked daily onsite by our fantastic Catering Team. Our menu can be found at the bottom of this page which is seasonal and repeats over a 3-week cycle.
Each pupil is provided with a main meal and a dessert. Your child will be able to select their main meal choice from the menu and also select from a choice of two desserts every lunchtime with water provided to them at each table.
We can provide a range of alternative meals including, but not limited to, vegetarian, vegan and gluten free. If your child has any specific meal requirements or allergies please let us know by emailing email@example.com so that we can inform our catering team.
How to pay for school meals
It is easy to pay for your child’s meal on Parent Pay. Please contact the school office for your log in details if you are not registered. If your child is starting in Reception, registration details will be sent to you separately. Once you have access please ensure that you add funds to your child’s account for the meals for the week ahead.
Free School Meals and Pupil Premium
You may be aware that students from families who meet certain criteria (listed below) may be eligible for Free School Meals and/or Pupil Premium funding.
Whether your child decides to take these meals or not, the school also receives additional funding for each student. At a time when school budgets are very tight, this funding makes a real difference to the school - and all the funding is required to be spent on supporting disadvantaged students.
We are aware in the past you were required to apply through South Gloucestershire Council and that this process could be frustrating, we have therefore invested in an online platform to make this process much simpler, and we would be grateful if you could take two minutes to register at the link below.
All that you will need is the following:
- Your own date of birth
- Contact details
- National Insurance Number (or National Asylum Seekers Number)
- Child's or Children's date(s) of birth (please apply for all of your children regardless of their year group)
- School your child is attending/will attend
We would be very grateful if you could fill in your details, even if you have applied unsuccessfully in the past, or if you believe you are not entitled to additional funding. The systems re-check details every term, and will automatically update our records if your status changes.
If you would like help applying, please contact the school office on 01454 867180 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in receipt of one of the following benefits, please apply by clicking on the link below.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods, and your monthly average income over three assessment periods should be no more than £616.67)
To apply click https://www.cloudforedu.org.uk/ofsm/sims/