Our Platform: Edmodo
What is Edmodo?
Edmodo is an education platform, which has been designed with a similar interface as Facebook, whereby pupils and parents can access their class ‘newsfeed’, communicate with their peers and class teacher about their learning and access homework tasks set by the class teacher.
Edmodo will be used for:
- The class teacher to set homework to their pupils.
- The class teacher to give specific class information to pupils and parents e.g. PE days, reminder messages or publicly praise achievements both in school and home learning/extra curricular achievements.
- Pupils and parents to access home learning tasks set by all year groups. This is convenient for parents who have more than one children attending Tyndale so that they can view both class pages from one account and for differentiation purposes (to seek more challenging or easier home learning tasks)
- For parents to contact the class teacher for any enquiries related to home learning via the class news feed or the messenger service embedded in Edmodo.
- For parents to report to your child’s class teacher on their home learning progress.
- For teachers to provide feedback to your children once they’ve posted their home learning.
- Pupils to communicate with each other/praise each other’s work within a safeguarded, monitored page.
Please note that communication with our staff via Edmodo is only for teaching and learning purposes.
Any other communication needs to go through our social media pages (links on the top right hand corner of the website) or via our school office or email: email@example.com, where it will be dealt with by a member of the senior leadership team.
How to Access Edmodo
Before you set up your Edmodo account, please ensure you have requested your child's class code from our school office either in person, via social media or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Access the Edmodo website here or alternatively, you can download the Edmodo App from the App Store available to you on your device.
Please note it's easier to set up by just downloading the generic version and not the parent version
- Click on, get started as a Student.
- Fill in your child’s first name, last name, the class code emailed/texted to you by us and set your own username and password.
You do not need to put an email address.
- You will then be able to see your child's class’ newsfeed. This is where updates will be posted by your child’s class teacher and any relevant class information will be shared.
- On the left-hand side of the page, click on ‘Folders’ and this is where you will find access to homework resources for all year groups.
Help and Support
Please use our 'Home Learning Help Desk' by clicking here if you require support.