Ethos and Values
Our ethos derives from our simplistic belief that every pupil has the right to learn and every teacher has the right to teach. Tyndale Primary is a highly aspirational school and has a commitment to ensure that every pupil is provided with "the best chance of success", to enable a future of endless learning opportunities and limitless aspirations irrespective of background, prior attainment or SEND.
- Expectations: We have limitless aspirations for all pupils at Tyndale Primary.
- Staff Training: We are committed and invested in the continued professional development of our teaching staff, which is always research and evidence based to ensure every second of your child's day at school counts.
- Support: We recognise the need for bespoke interventions to allow pupils to rapidly progress and ensure individual catch up programmes are embedded early.
- Prepare: We explicitly teach our pupils 'Study Skills' in the form of self-quizzing to equip them to effectively retain prior knowledge and easily build on it.
- Inspire: Reading is a core part of everyday life at Tyndale Primary. Our unique and inspiring reading programme gives our pupils the opportunity to read classic literature every morning. By the end of year 6, our pupils will have read an extensive number of books with challenging themes and vocabulary.
- Curriculum: Pupils will gain secure knowledge in the key areas of reading, writing and maths taught within an engaging and knowledge based curriculum called PKC (Primary Knowledge Curriculum).
- Wider Offer: Our curriculum is also inclusive of compulsory 'Enrichment' (cultural studies, choir and sport) and opportunities to build and develop character through ambitious career speaker events, personal development and regular extensive extra-curricular opportunities.
- Bespoke Planning: Regular 'Super-Teaching Weeks' will be taught following assessments to address gaps in knowledge carefully mapped throughout the year.
- Attendance: We expect pupils to be in school, on time, every day and will work with parents to provide support when this isn't the case.
- Rewards: All achievement at Tyndale is regularly (daily, weekly and termly) and publicly celebrated, whether academic or in the areas of the arts, sport, citizenship, leadership, social and emotional or for anything we deem as 'above and beyond'.
- Behaviour: Tyndale Primary has disruption-free learning in every lesson, of every day, in every class.
- Professionalism: Pupils at Tyndale must take pride in their uniform and wear it correctly at all times.
- Culture: Embedding a shift from "Can't, Won't and Don't" to "Can, Will and Do"
- Our pupils: It is imperative that all pupils at Tyndale feel happy and safe in our school, every day.
- Communication: We aim to ensure all communication is timely and effective to support our collaborative relationship with parents, governors and the local community.